Call for Submissions: New Hampshire Pulp Fiction, Deadline Feb. 1, 2014
(contact: Elaine Isaak (603) 472-9082 elaine@ElaineIsaak.com )
For Immediate Release:
As we searched for a theme to round off this first New Hampshire Pulp Fiction series, we thought, what finer way to ride into the proverbial sunset than the venerable Concord Coach, that quintessential vehicle of a by-gone day, carrying New Hampshire’s strength and values out across the nation. From its starring role on mail and passenger routes by the Wells, Fargo Company, to its local workers and economic impact, from the daring pioneers of the West, to the grand ladies of New England Society, the Concord Coach, manufactured by Abbot-Downing in Concord, NH from 1827 to 1915, is a symbol of the reach of our small state. Where will the Concord Coach take us next? That’s for you, our authors, to decide.
Co-edited by Rick Broussard, founder of the New Hampshire Pulp Fiction series, and Elaine Isaak, author and editor of Volume IV: Love Free or Die, this fifth volume will be released in autumn 2014.
- Submissions should be 1000 to 8000 words long. These are not hard limits, if you’ve got a great work.
- The Concord Coach must be integral to the story in some fashion—but how you use it is up to you! Additional New Hampshire connections are encouraged, but not required.
- Stories can be any pulp fiction genre including, but not limited to: Western, mystery, science fiction, fantasy, romance, horror. We’ll be looking for a variety of approaches to the theme.
- Submissions should include your name, address, phone number and email on the first page.
- Follow standard manuscript format: double-spaced, include page numbers, Times New Roman 12-point preferred.
- Payment will be $50 on publication, and two copies of the book. Anticipated publication date of September 1, 2014.
- Submission Deadline: February 1. All rejections/acceptances will be sent by April 1, 2014.
- E-mail submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Four fantasy titles now available as e-books, including “Winning the Gallows Field” https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/ElaineIsaak